What is the actual power of your startup?
Startup valuation is a complex task due to the special characteristics of new companies which make valuation works more demanding than in other situations for a number of reasons:
- Absence of historical accounting information.
- No operating income or loss.
- Great dependence on private capital.
- High failure rate.
These facts must be noticed prior to performing a valuation. For this reason, startup valuation requires economist and chartered surveyors with a wide experience able to:
- Define the potential market of a product or service.
- Estimate the market share.
- Define investment capacity.
- Estimate sold units and exploitation cost.
Taxo appraisers know the importance of intangible assets at the time of determining the real value of a business: know how, staff skills, innovation capacity, etc.
What is start up valuation for?
Valuation reports by Taxo are useful for a number of situations:
- Advice on purchase and sale:“How much is my Start Up?”
- Partners incorporation or exit: “How much are my shares?”
- Mortgage warranty.
- Advice on funding rounds..
- Valuation of business ideas.
- Advice on related party transactions.
1. THE SITUATION. An entrepreneur aims to swing the business model, for what he will need to face a funding round in order to re-launch the start up in a crytical moment. A priori, some investors consider the startup value is 800.000 €.
2. OUR SERVICES. Taxo performs a comprehensive valuation of the new business idea which includes a definition of the potential market of the new business, an estimation of the new operating income and loss, the capacity of investment and the value of the new intangible assets (know-how, human team, capacity to atract new clients, etc.).
3. THE RESULT. The report issued by Taxo determines a 50% increase of the total value of the start up compared to the initial value proposed by the investors. This increase was due to the inclusion of intangible assets within the valuation report and determined a total value of 1.200.000€. The new value supported by the valuation report performed by Taxo allowed the entrepreneur to face the funding round with lower needs of dilution.